Most people don’t realize just how important subtitles can be. Not only will adding subtitles to your videos make them accessible to anyone hearing impaired, but it could also be used to translate your video into other languages. On top of all that, subtitles can even make a video look more professional – simply because people automatically associate them as such.
In short, you should seriously consider starting to add subtitles to video. The one thing that stands in your way may be the simple fact that you’re not quite sure how to do that – which is where Movavi Video Editor will be the best option.
Just like everything else in Movavi Video Editor is designed to be easy and convenient, so too is the act of adding subtitles. Inserting the actual subtitles into the video will just take a few clicks, and if you want you can even alter its appearance so that it looks stylish and fits with the tone of the video.
To do all that will just take a few steps:
- Click on the ‘Add Media Files’ button and select the video.
- Open up the ‘Titles’ tab.
- Go over the styles available and select one and drag and drop it onto the ‘Timeline’ to position where you want it to start and end.
- Double click the title that you inserted on the ‘Timeline’ and then double click the sample text in the ‘Preview’ window to edit it and add your subtitles.
- Customize the font size, style, color, outline, shadow, and other appearance settings in the toolbar that will appear.
- Repeat the process for all the subtitles that you want to add.
- Save the video by clicking ‘Export’.
It is also possible to animate the titles that you add into your video. While conventionally subtitles aren’t animated, if you would like to tastefully add a bit of animation just to evoke a certain atmosphere, it certainly can’t hurt to do so.
When you’re done it would be a good idea to review the subtitles to ensure that they really do sync with the audio and video. Also you should try out the other features in Movavi Video Editor and enhance the video quality, cut and combine video segments, add audio tracks, apply special effects and filters, and so on.
As you can see, adding subtitles and editing your video in other ways is really a piece of cake when you’re using Movavi Video Editor. That being said the more you experiment and try out new combinations of edits, the more unique and interesting you’ll be able to make your videos.